Services offered by SAWN on a community and one to one basis
- We offer a low cost furniture pack to people on low income at a discount and sometimes gift some items to people in need. Items include basics like a bed, wardrobe,sofa, dining table and chairs. The client should be accompanied by the referrer. The referrer has to provide or pay for the transportation of the item/s.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness &Support
- We offer a place for women to understand the impact of FGM and to speak about it unjudged and also to meet other women who have been victims or are at a risk of FGM. We are based at Goodwork- Unit 1 Stockfoield Mill, Melbourne Street, Oldham OL9 9ESand provide a drop-in service on Mondays and Tuesdays where we give both emotional and practical support.
A Befriending service
- We offer a befriending service to women and their families who are isolated, or going through hardships, at 1 Eldon Streeton Tuesday morning.
- We provide support and basic advice for women and their families on issues regarding their money especially living on a budget, debt management, work and welfare and signposting to FCA registered money advisors.
- We provide support for women in prison and Ex-offenders to aid community rehabilitation, understanding prison regime and a befriending prison service.
Drop in Service for general wellbeing and settling in the UK
- We provide a service for women and their families to understand life in the UK and what it entails. E.g. Education, housing, immigration, work preparedness and benefits entitlements.
Health and wellbeing sessions
- We provide a service for the basic wellbeing of women and their families E.g. Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Drugs, Gangs, Racism and Parenting in the UK
It is a very great place for women to learn more about how productive they can be with a little push and lots to learn . It is indeed a great community for women of colour . Finally a great place that feels like home where you are listened to and helped in every aspects ! The recent workshops had been memorable ones for me as it resonate in me everyday that I can do what I envisage in terms of starting up with help with SAWN
Great Place Great People
Great place Great people with warm and lovely hearts of Gold who welcomed both me and my daughter with with love. Through volunteering at sawn I not only found happiness, but I found a new family and i don’t know what I would have done without out Rose and her team.
Incredible service and care
Am so humbled to be part of Sawn, when I moved down to Manchester after having a baby, I was struggling in different areas of life, but after meeting Rose and different ladies with incredible experiences, I feel strengthened, supported and accepted. I wouldn’t have made it alone, so grateful for Rose and the team for the great support you provide to women especially single mums, May God richly bless u 🙏
HOME OF HOPE
I glad to have come across SAWN family. I was lost but now found. SAWN is a one stop for all your needs. I’ve got all the support, help, friendship and happiness I was looking for all my life. I look forward to continue being part of this wonderful family.
A Place that gave me a voice.
When I came to Sawn, waves of life had battered me, Rose & team gave me a platform to cry on, to laugh on, to accept that its okay for things not to be okay, to be me without editing. Thank you for holding my wobbly hands to get on my feet again. I can now walk with my head above tide.
Thank you SAWN.