Services offered by SAWN on a community and one to one basis
- We offer a low cost furniture pack to people on low income at a discount and sometimes gift some items to people in need. Items include basics like a bed, wardrobe,sofa, dining table and chairs. The client should be accompanied by the referrer. The referrer has to provide or pay for the transportation of the item/s.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness &Support
- We offer a place for women to understand the impact of FGM and to speak about it unjudged and also to meet other women who have been victims or are at a risk of FGM. We are based at Goodwork- Unit 1 Stockfoield Mill, Melbourne Street, Oldham OL9 9ESand provide a drop-in service on Mondays and Tuesdays where we give both emotional and practical support.
A Befriending service
- We offer a befriending service to women and their families who are isolated, or going through hardships, at 1 Eldon Streeton Tuesday morning.
- We provide support and basic advice for women and their families on issues regarding their money especially living on a budget, debt management, work and welfare and signposting to FCA registered money advisors.
- We provide support for women in prison and Ex-offenders to aid community rehabilitation, understanding prison regime and a befriending prison service.
Drop in Service for general wellbeing and settling in the UK
- We provide a service for women and their families to understand life in the UK and what it entails. E.g. Education, housing, immigration, work preparedness and benefits entitlements.
Health and wellbeing sessions
- We provide a service for the basic wellbeing of women and their families E.g. Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Drugs, Gangs, Racism and Parenting in the UK